“I have called upon You, for You will answer me, O God; incline Your ear to me, hear my speech.” (Psalm 17:6)
In this psalm, we encounter David imploring God for deliverance and graciousness in the face of an attack by a deadly enemy (most likely King Saul). An appreciation I have always had of David is his quickness to pray, in times that were bad as well as times that were good. Regardless of the circumstance, David was a man in regular communion with God through prayer. I hope that his example is one today that all of us likewise seek to emulate, that in the course of our daily routine there be a regular partaking of prayer and of seeking God’s grace and guidance. Further, let us seek to behold the confidence in which David approached the Lord, knowing fully His ability to deliver in the circumstance of difficulty and to answer the prayers of His own.
In your prayer time over the course of the next few weeks, please recall these petitions:
- The work of the Word and Spirit to be manifested powerfully in the forthcoming Revival conference “Live It—Discovering Free and Living Christianity” taking place on campus September 24-27. Pastor James Johnson (Camarillo, CA) is our speaker and will be taking us through the book of James.
- The drawing of students to our campus on October 20-22 for Fall Campus Days. May this be a weekend of learning, growing, worship, and meeting new friends as well as being blessed by the experience of the Bible School community and fostering a heart to attend.
- Thanksgiving for the provision of Dr. James Molstre as our AFLTS Dean and Brad and Sarah Bierle as men’s and women’s Resident Heads. We seek quick adjustment to our campus and for God’s effective use of them in the ministry entrusted to their care.
- Thanksgiving for the graciousness of people towards the AFLC as reflected so dramatically in gifts towards the Charles property purchase and the dormitory & gymnasium project. May we be good stewards of all that is given to us.
- Wisdom and insight for our newly established building committee who is entrusted with the three year task of completing construction of the gymnasium dormitory.
- Guidance and wisdom for our congregations as we celebrate and remember the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. In our preaching, teaching, living, and worship may we rightly seek the Holy Spirit’s presence in applying “reformation” to all of our hearts.
- Thanksgiving for a new school year, and continued prayer for all our Seminary and Bible School students. May their hearts and minds be turned to the LORD through the study of His word, the adoration of His majesty and grace in worship, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within our community of faith.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD