“Now I urge you, brethren, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God for me,” (Romans 15:30)
Paul recognized the vital and urgent importance of prayer, and in view of this, it is not surprising that he often calls upon others to pray on his behalf, as we witness in the verse above. May our hearts always be convinced of the same, that we are quick to call to our Lord in prayer, and equally as quick to call upon brothers and sisters in Christ to do the same. Striving together in prayer is one of the believers’ greatest blessings and privilege, and on behalf of the Intercessor Team, I thank you for your continued partnership in this labor.
As you come before the Lord’s throne of grace in prayer over the course of the next few weeks, please remember the following requests for intercession.
- Intercede for our 56th Annual conference to be held in Dickinson, ND, June 12-15. Our theme is “That You May Know” (1 John 5:13), and we look forward to this opportunity to come together as a community of faith, prayerfully seeking God’s will and leading, and always giving thanks for His gracious provision and faithfulness upon our behalf. Let us pray that amidst our discussions and decisions, a spirit of unity combined with a heart to pursue what is best for the expansion of the kingdom of God comes to pass.
- Intercede for the various ministry transitions to take place, including Bible School Dean and Missions’ Directors. We affirm and appreciate the good work our Lord has accomplished through such faithful servants, and seek His leading all the more as we depend upon Him to draw us to candidates of His choosing.
- Intercede for our pastoral interns who are transitioning to the local congregation in which they have been placed to serve. May they grow in their dependence upon God, and may our host congregations receive them with love and care, and may this year provide valuable training and equipping for the pastoral ministry.
- Intercede on behalf of all of our various Summer Teams as they travel thousands of miles this summer to encourage our congregations, proclaim the message of the Gospel, and glorify the name of God. May both teams and congregations be blessed and refreshed by this ministry, and may all our teams experience safety in their travels.
- Intercede on behalf of churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
- Intercede for the upcoming “Alumni & Friends” event to take place July 27-28. The weekend kicks off with a Golf Scramble and is highlighted by an AFLBS Scholarship Dinner and Concert, with proceeds going to benefit the AFLBS Scholarship Fund. Pray that many would participate and all be blessed by this opportunity.
- Intercede that the hearts of potential students would be drawn to our Schools and that enrollments would continue to be expanded.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa
Sioux Falls, SD