“Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice, and be gracious to me and answer me.” (Psalm 27:7)
Psalm 27 is a psalm that expresses both a devotion to and confidence in the Lord. It is a devotion and confidence that stems from faith in the LORD as well as a desire to worship Him in His sanctuary, and offers to us a superb example of prayerfully seeking the Lord’s presence in all of times, and especially those that come from hardship and trial brought about by any type of enemy. In each and every day and circumstance, prayer is always appropriate, and might we recognize this importance as we enter into our prayer closets in the next few weeks to come, and lift these petitions before the Lord’s throne of grace.
Thank you for your partnership in prayer!
- Praise God for the refreshment and renewing of the summer months. In the midst of our own activities let us not lose sight of the Lord and His work, and may these few months draw us closer in our families and earthly relationships, but also be used to bring encouragement and growth in our walk with the Lord.
- Praise God for the success of FLY 2019 and the many lives changed for the good through the work of the Word of God during FLY week. We continue to pray for the Holy Spirit’s work in lives, and for fruit to be forthcoming.
- Praise unto the Lord for 84 completed new student applications received for the fall of 2019. We have 62 confirmed students and 10-13 additional in consideration. As we praise God for this, we continue to pray for a total of 100 new applications, which we believe will result in 75 new students at AFLBS.
- Pray for the Summer Institute of Theology (SIT), which will focus on church planting and revitalization. As participants gather August 5-9th may You guide and direct them through your Word, and may You bless all who are presenting and sharing with an extra measure of wisdom and direction as they prepare and as they share.
- Pray for all of our summer teams that are ministering to congregations, camps, and individuals with the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let us uphold them in their travels seeking God’s continued hand of safety, and let us continually request strength for them in spirit, body, and soul as they minister in these last few weeks.
- Pray for the work initiated on the Student Life Center and that efforts directed toward fundraising would be successful. Also, pray for the completion of city permitting and enclosure before winter.
- Pray for our many churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD