“With my mouth I will give thanks abundantly to the Lord; and in the midst of many I will praise Him.” (Psalm 109:30)
In this season we are especially mindful of the great grace of our God, and His gifts and provision unto all of us. Although thankfulness must be with us every day, in this Thanksgiving season might our thanks unto our Lord be all the more evident in how we live and how we cherish and steward the gifts God has entrusted to our care. I believe it correct of us to recognize prayer as one of these gifts, and the opportunity we have in any and every moment to come to our heavenly Father in prayer must be a gift and privilege we not take lightly.
As you draw near to the heavenly Father in the coming weeks with a heart of praise and thanksgiving, please lift these intercessions to the LORD:
- May we give praise and thanks for the tremendous bounty that is ours in the Lord. God’s faithful provision has blessed us in extra measure, and let us give thanks all the more in this season for the manifold blessings we have received, temporally and spiritually. Praise unto God for His favor of salvation through Jesus Christ, and for all the good gifts He lavishes upon us.
- May we give thanks for the 4th Annual “Friends of FLBCS” on November 14th when alumni, friends, and supporters of the Free Lutheran Bible College and Seminary gathered for a gourmet dinner and a program that featured our new FLBC Dean, Rev. Adam Osier, as keynote speaker. It was a great evening of updates, testimonies and sharing about our Seminary and Bible College.
- May we be in prayer for the upcoming Parents’ Weekend, December 6-8 hosted on our campus. The weekend will feature basketball, fellowship, testimony, sharing, a Gospel Teams Concert as well as our Christmas Concerts. Might all that participate be blessed and enriched by their time on campus.
- May we continue in prayer for the Student Life Center construction project. We have received approval of the Basset Creek Watershed Management Commission, and anticipate final building permits to be issued late this week or next.
- May we continue in prayer for students to attend the FLBC. We praise God for the students He has brought to our campus in this academic year, and boldly ask that several more would be added to our student body for the upcoming school year.
- May we continue in prayer for our Staff and instructors—we ask that You richly fill their hearts with encouragement and joy as they labor in the Kingdom by teaching, serving, equipping, mentoring, and listening.
- May we continue in prayer for our many churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
On behalf of the Intercessor team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD