Nehemiah 2:4, “Then the king said to me, “What would you request?” So I prayed to the God of heaven.”
We see here Nehemiah approaching King Artaxerxes of Persia, intending to request permission to return to Jerusalem and oversee the rebuilding of its walls. Let us appreciate how Nehemiah boldly and with spontaneity approaches God’s throne immediately prior to approaching the king’s throne. Nehemiah had likely spent some 4 months preparing for this moment, and without doubt, much of this taking the form of prayer and supplication before the LORD, yet even in the moment of request, we find him in prayer. May this serve as a blessed example to us of prayer, both of planned prayer time and unplanned prayer time, and how prayer is even accomplished in a moment. And of course, we also learn a few verses later that the earthly king granted Nehemiah’s request because the Heavenly King was already working in this situation. Again, a blessed encouragement unto the power and fruitfulness of prayer!
Over the course of your next few weeks, please bring the following petitions before our Lord’s throne of grace in prayer:
- We give praise unto the Lord for the 9 Seminary interns completing their internships and available to receive a Call to a congregation. May God grant them guidance in these decisions and transitions.
- We give praise for the five seminary seniors who have been assigned to their internships, and ask that this transition from the classroom to the “church” room bring great blessing and benefit to their continued training as servant pastors.
- We offer petition for at least 7 new students to begin Seminary studies in the coming year.
- We give thanks for our Seminary’s 22 students, and for God’s faithfulness in calling men as we began specific prayer in 2016 for the raising up of 40 new pastors in the course of 5 years. By God’s grace, we are nearing this goal. Praise Him!
- We offer petition for 70 incoming students to begin studies at FLBC next fall. Currently 55 students have been accepted, and we anticipate God’s continued drawing of students to our Bible College.
- We offer petition for the Cross-Cultural Ministry class as they prepare for a two-week missions trip to Atlacomulco, Mexico the first two weeks of April. They will be serving in community, church, and educational settings as they share the message of the Gospel.
- We offer petition for our First Proclaim Choir Tour, February 21-24. The tour will include concerts in Cokato, Bemidji, Blackduck, and Valley City, ND. May the choir travel safely, and may this ministry of song, music, and Word bring blessing and encouragement to those receiving it.
- We offer petition to be able to resume construction activity on the Student Life Center EARLY in April. We give praise to the Lord for the deliveries of construction materials to campus indicating forward movement!
On behalf of the Intercessor team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD