The Free Lutheran Schools are currently seeking a part-time Free Lutheran Seminary (FLS) Admin Assistant/Database Specialist. This is a twelve-month position which will start August 1, 2020. The typical work week will consist of 5 hours a day (9am-2pm) for a total of 25 hours, with responsibilities and hours split between admin assistant responsibilities and database responsibilities. The FLS Admin Assistant/Database Specialist reports to the Office Manager. This position will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Process mail, email, and phone calls and respond as needed.
- Answer incoming campus phone.
- Maintain office files.
- Make travel reservations (air, hotel, van) for faculty members, senior administration, special speakers, or students as needed for classes, conferences, etc.
- Order office supplies as needed
- Provide secretarial support to faculty as needed: typing reports, making copies, distributing homework, taking messages, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Student Support/Pulpit Supply:
- Provide assistance to students as needed
- Pulpit supply: communicate with pastors/church representatives regarding needs, advertise needs to the students requesting their services, and follow up with the requesting party.
- Facilitate the Seminary Housing application process
- Send invitation letter to potential speakers in coordination with the Dean. Keep track of responses, confirming with a phone call a few days prior to the scheduled date.
- Take attendance at chapel, notifying the Dean of excessive absences.
- Plan and prepare special coffees and/or lunches for Registration, Orientation Day, etc.
- Provide support for the Sverdrup Forum event, Internship Workshop, Campus Devos when hosted by the Seminary, Senior Recognition Dinner, Graduation, Lunch and Learn Events, Inter-term, Mid-Winter Bible Conference, Seminary Scoop, Orientations, Friends of the Schools Banquet, Christmas Concert, Spring Concert, etc. This includes but is not limited to coordinating invitations, materials, food, speakers, and others as needed.
- Order flowers as needed for hospitalizations and funerals.
- Coordinate meals and coffee times for Summer Institute of Theology (SIT) with the Food Service Director.
- Coordinate SIT housing with the Guest Housing Coordinator.
- Bulletin Boards: update as needed (order & mount pictures, make baby announcements, etc.).
- Coordinate chapel rental with Events Coordinator.
- Keep seminary displays up to date by adding current pictures and information.
- Communicate with Facilities Director any cleaning or care needs of the Chapel building.
- Coordinate chapel rental with the Events Coordinator.
- Serve on various committees as needed: Annual Conference, Anniversary, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be the FLBCS Campus expert on Raiser’s Edge database software.
- Manage employees’ initial and ongoing access to Raiser’s Edge software.
- Train staff on accessing and utilizing Raiser’s Edge database effectively.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Extract, create and manage database reports and mailing lists.
- Create automation for repeating database tasks and queries
- Work closely with and assist other database administrators to coordinate database clean-up efforts.
- Monitor database size and need for future expansion
- Develop policies to keep data safe and protected from unauthorized access.
- Work with Raiser’s Edge to manage software upgrades.
- Diagnose and troubleshooting errors.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. If you feel you possess the desired qualifications, or some combination thereof, please email your resume, statement of faith, and at least one reference to Katie Strand at email@example.com. If you have any questions, please call us at 763-746-3040.