“Brethren, pray for us.” (1 Thessalonians 5:25)
Few appeals in Scripture are as simple and direct as this one from the Apostle Paul. I believe Paul understood well the idea of reciprocity in prayer, that is, even as he needed and valued the prayers of others, so these others would need and value his prayers on their behalf as well. We are so appreciative of your support in prayer, and recognize that even in bringing to the Lord our Bible College, Seminary, and congregations in prayer, we are also praying one for another. Thank you for this partnership!
As you gather for prayer over the next few weeks, please lift these petitions to our Lord as you “pray for us.”
- Let us give thanks for the opportunity to serve Him in the work of the Gospel He has entrusted to our care, especially the far-reaching ministry of our Bible College, Seminary, AFLC missionaries, and our local churches.
- Pray for the continued construction of our Student Life Center and the future giving to fully fund the project. As we do so we also anticipate the powerful way the Lord will use this facility to build community, enhance fellowship and Christian activity, and further the growth of His kingdom on our campus and beyond. We are looking forward to our Grand Opening celebration scheduled for April 16-17, 2021.
- Pray for our annual Christmas concert, “The Light in the Darkness”, which will debut as on online event December 11. In view of COVID, capacity limitations, and public health, we believe this is the best option to celebrate the birth of our Lord and to proclaim the Gospel.
- Pray for the upcoming election. It is a great privilege to vote and may we seek by God’s grace to be good stewards of the vote entrusted to us.
- Pray for the healing of our land, from both the COVID pandemic and the sickness of sin that has wrought such great damage upon our nation causing divide, discontent, and racial and social division. May the healing balm of the Gospel be applied graciously and may God work wonders through His Church.
- Pray for men to heed the Lord’s calling to prepare for pastoral ministry through seminary training. As the fields remain white unto harvest, may the Lord send workers into His harvest.
- We pray for our churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their Call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
On behalf of the Intercessor team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD