Daniel 6:10–11 (NASB95) — 10 Now when Daniel knew that the document was signed, he entered his house (now in his roof chamber he had windows open toward Jerusalem); and he continued kneeling on his knees three times a day, praying and giving thanks before his God, as he had been doing previously. 11 Then these men came by agreement and found Daniel making petition and supplication before his God.
I have always marveled at the commitment and courage exhibited by Daniel in this text, and throughout the whole of the book. The document cited above was one that condemned any person making a petition to any man or god, excepting King Darius, to death by the lion’s den. And how does Daniel respond? With a resolute commitment to prayer, prayer not to any man or any god, but prayer unto to the Lord Almighty. And he does so not in secret, but in plain sight, kneeling and giving thanks just as if the injunction did not exist. Might we exhibit, by God’s grace, the same commitment and courage in prayer!
As you offer petitions to our Lord in the next few weeks, do so boldly and with firm commitment, recalling these areas of intercession:
- Intercede for the upcoming Campus Days event with the theme “Built on the Rock” scheduled for April 9-11, 2021. We pray that many students participate and that all planning and preparation is accomplished efficiently.
- Intercede with thanksgiving as the Student Life Center nears completion and for future giving to fully fund the project. Pray that the Lord will use this facility to build community, enhance fellowship and Christian activity, and further the growth of His kingdom on our campus and beyond. We are looking forward to our Grand Opening celebration scheduled for April 16-17, 2021.
- Intercede with thanksgiving that Dr. Nathan Olson has accepted a call to serve as full time faculty, starting June 1, 2021. We are grateful for his valuable addition to our teaching staff at our Seminary and Bible College.
- Intercede on behalf of the planning of our Annual Conference, June 16-19, to be hosted on our campus in Plymouth. As we gather together under the theme “Prepare the Way of the Lord” may our hearts be united in the work the Lord has placed before us and may we find encouragement one in another and one in the Lord.
- Intercede that our Lord direct men’s hearts to pastoral training at our seminary. Within our AFLC there exists an urgent need for men, and we seek God’s work in their lives and in this call. As the fields remain white unto harvest, may the Lord send workers into His harvest.
- Intercede for our nation and our elected leaders at the local, state, and national levels. May these men and women be led of Your Holy Spirit, those not knowing You coming to a place of repentance and faith, and those knowing You to walk as light in a dark world.
- Intercede for students considering college choices for fall 2021, praying for at least 60 students to begin their studies at FLBC.
Your partnership in prayer is cherished!
On behalf of the Intercessor team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD