Date: April 16 - April 17
Come and celebrate the grand opening of the Student Life Center on the campus of the Free Lutheran Bible College and Seminary. Friday evening will feature a message from Christian apologist Dr. Sean McDowell on the importance of a Biblical Worldview followed by a ribbon cutting ceremony in the new gymnasium. On Saturday, teams will compete in an alumni basketball tournament. Food and family activities will be available throughout the weekend. Together we will praise God for His provision, thanking Him for the many ministry connections this space will provide.
Please note the following as you prepare to travel to campus
- There will be road construction along Medicine Lake Blvd. Please come from the North and follow the instructions on road signs.
- For those joining on Friday, when you arrive please find the check-in table outside the West entrance of the Student Life Center. Each guest will receive a free gift and can check-in for the next available tour. Before or after your tour, please enjoy exploring the rest of the campus and visit the campus store in Heritage Hall.
- Note that this event is free but payment will be required for the food trucks on Friday evening.
- We ask that masks be worn inside buildings on campus. Additionally, the men’s and women’s dorms will not be open to guests.
- 3:00 - 5:00 PM – Student Life Center Tours
- 4:30 - 6:30 PM - Food Trucks
- 7:00 - 7:45 PM – Message from Sean McDowell
- 8:00 - 8:30 PM – Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM - Alumni Basketball Tournament/Family Activities
- 12:00 - 1:30 PM - Lunch Provided in Heritage Hall
- 7:30 PM - FLBC Men vs. Select Alumni (Feature Game)
Featured Speaker: Dr. Sean McDowell
Dr. Sean McDowell is a gifted communicator with a passion for equipping the church, and in particular young people, to make the case for the Christian faith. He is a teacher and author of over twenty books including The Fate of the Apostles, So The Next Generation Will Know (with J. Warner Wallace), Evidence that Demands a Verdict (with Josh McDowell), Same-Sex Marriage: A Thoughtful Approach to God’s Design for Marriage (with John Stonestreet), Is God Just a Human Invention? (with Jonathan Morrow) and Understanding Intelligent Design (with William A. Dembski). In April 2000, Sean married his high school sweetheart, Stephanie. They have three children and live in San Juan Capistrano, California. To find his full biography and additional resources from Sean visit https://seanmcdowell.org/.
Guests are asked to secure their own housing off campus. Rooms may still be available at Hilton Garden Inn in Maple Grove, MN.
Hilton Garden Inn
Reservations can be made via phone (763-509-9500 and mention “Free Lutheran Bible College Grand Opening”).
Registration for the Alumni Basketball Tournament on Saturday April 17 has now closed. However, spectators can come and enjoy the event at no cost.