“Brethren, pray for us.” (1 Thessalonians 5:25)
In one of Scripture’s most succinct and simple statements regarding prayer, Paul reminds us of its necessity unto the success of any and all ministry endeavors. In the immediate context of this letter, Paul is calling forth a prayerful appeal that his ministry efforts would bear fruit and the Word of God would spread rapidly and powerfully. Yet, the same holds true today of our own lives, our congregations, and our AFLC. Prayer is absolutely essential as we seek to see the Word of God grow and expand and come all the more to change lives and souls for the good.
On behalf of the Intercessor team, we offer thanks and praise for your partnership in this ministry of intercessory prayer, and ask that as you join in prayer in the coming weeks that you are reminded of these petitions:
- Intercede with praise as members of the AFLC Schools Corporation approved a groundbreaking for the Student Life Center at a recent special meeting. A ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 11, at 11:00am prior to graduation to commemorate this historic event. This is an answer to many years of dedicated prayer, especially on behalf of this group of intercessors and we praise God for it!
- Intercede on behalf of the AFLBS Proclaim Choir as they embark on their final tour weekend, April 26-28, 2019. May God be glorified in song, testimony, and activity, and may the protective hand of the Lord be upon the choir as they travel.
- Pray for the event planned for May 4th as Andrew Peterson and special guest artist Taylor Leonhardt share in a concert on our campus. We seek that God use this event to proclaim the Good News of the gospel in our community.
- Intercede for students and faculty as the end of another academic year is upon us. We seek that all would finish strong, and that the Lord be glorified and His Word continue to change lives. Also, remember to pray for our Spring concert, May 10 and Graduation, May 11. Both events will bring many, many folks to our campus and we seek that God is exalted in all these activities and opportunities.
- Intercede with praise for 76 completed new student applications for the fall of 2019. As we praise God for this, we continue to pray for a total of 100 new applications, which we believe will result in 75 new students at AFLBS for the fall of 2019.
- Intercede on behalf of training of Summer Teams. This is a powerful and life changing ministry for our School, our students, and our churches, and we seek God’s guidance in all aspects of this endeavor. Pray for the congregations and communities where these teams will minister this summer. Pray for souls to be saved and encouraged.
- Intercede on behalf of the many transitions forthcoming and currently taking place in our AFLC. Continue to pray for Pastor Adam Osier who has accepted the call to serve as the Dean of the Association Free Lutheran Bible School, starting July 1. Also, we remember specifically the ministries of World and Home Missions and new directors Pastor Earl Korhonen and Pastor Jim Johnson respectively.
- Praise God for four seminary students beginning their studies next fall, with a fifth interviewing in May.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post