“But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, . . . Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 3:7-14.
The Kingdom of God is always forward looking and seeking the unfolding of God’s eternal plan. We know there will always be more of His will than we can see and more of His plan beyond our ability to accomplish. It’s His work and what a privilege to be called alongside to work with Him. We are totally insufficient in ourselves and we know our sufficiency is found in Him. In the midst of all this forward-thinking Paul reminds us to keep our eyes on our ultimate goal – knowing Christ Jesus and making Him known whatever way we are given the opportunity of doing.
The students at FLBC are looking forward to their vision for the future. Summer plans are being formed. For many, Summer Teams are on the schedule. For seniors, it’s the plan after graduation. We at FLBC will strive to remain connected with these alumni. We will encourage and assist them in finding good church homes away from home and service opportunities wherever they are.
Please join us in thanksgiving and prayer for:
- FLBC Conquerors enjoyed a wonderful time at Sioux Falls Skyforce on Jan. 15-16
- Spotlight: Missions Conference on campus Feb. 7-8
- Pray for the Board and staff members traveling to the Annual Conference of the Association for Biblical Higher Education scheduled for Feb. 16-19. We look for this training retreat to sharpen the effectiveness of our leaders as we seek to establish students in the Word of God
- Please pray for an inspiring and captivating Spring Campus Days, April 22-24
- Pray for the men the Lord is calling to prepare for the pastorate at FLS.
- Students to consider FLBC and sense the Lord’s guidance for 2022-23 school year
- Gospel teams traveling to AFLC congregations to minister in word and song
- FLBC students seeking the Lord’s will for summer and fall plans
In our increasingly troubled and anti-Christian world, we need advocates of our schools. Continuing biblical education is more important than ever. Reach out to others and connect them with our vision and passion for building a solid Word-centered foundation for young people in your own family and congregation. Please direct them to our website at flbc.edu.
On behalf of our Intercessor Team,
Pastor Wayne HjermstadFLBC Congregational Connection Coordinator
Share this Post