“Yet have regard to the prayer of Your servant and to his supplication, O Lord my God, to listen to the cry and to the prayer which Your servant prays before You today;” (1 Kings 8:28)
This verse is taken from Solomon’s prayer of dedication of the Temple and the bringing of the ark of the covenant into its midst. It is a model for us in many ways, and might we find encouragement in knowing that as God’s people pray, God hears. No supplication or petition falls upon deaf ears and we have full assurance that the Lord, the sovereign God of all creation, hears the appeals of His children.
As you spend time with the Lord in prayer over the next few weeks, please bring these petitions before Him:
- Praise God for a blessed Christmas break and the opportunity to gather students and staff back on campus.
- Praise God for all our students and seminarians; they are a precious gift of God and are entrusted to us for the purpose of building up in the teaching and training of God’s word, guiding them towards spiritual maturity, and establishing them as disciples of Christ, actively engaged in their congregation and community for the cause of Christ.
- Pray for the continued construction of our Student Life Center and the future giving to fully fund the project. As we do so we also anticipate the powerful way the Lord will use this facility to build community, enhance fellowship and Christian activity, and further the growth of His kingdom on our campus and beyond.
- Pray for our many churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
- Pray for the FLBC Alumni Association as they work in support of our students, encourage alumni, raise financial and prayer support, and expand the ministry of our Bible College.
- Pray for students to continually be drawn to our Bible College and Seminary. Our campus and ministry is a precious “gem” in our AFLC, and we would desire God to draw even more students to our campus.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post