Nehemiah 13:22b, “…For this also remember me, O my God, and have compassion on me according to the greatness of Your lovingkindness.”
As we consider this prayer of Nehemiah, let us find encouragement in two ways. First, the appeal of a child to the Father’s grace always avails much for it calls forth the outstanding quality of our God—His lovingkindness which He lavishly pours upon us especially in Christ. And second, it has been noted that this remembering concerns not the great ‘physical’ accomplishment of Nehemiah, namely the rebuilding of the wall of Jerusalem; but rather, the remembrance he desires is in the area of ‘spiritual’ work, namely the reforms inaugurated for the Temple, tithes, and the Sabbath. In the spirit of Nehemiah, might we too call eagerly upon the lovingkindness of God, and might we too be diligent in the spiritual labors set before us, especially that of prayer.
As you intercede before our gracious God in the next few weeks, please remember these requests:
- The upcoming J-Term and Mid-Winter Bible Conference scheduled for January 9-13. May students and facilitators alike be blessed with this time of teaching, encouragement, fellowship, and growth in the Word of God.
- The AFLC Schools Missions Emphasis week, January 21-26. This year’s event is titled “The Desire of the Nations” (Haggai 2:7) and will feature Pastor Todd Schierkolk.
- For the AFLBS Alumni Association as they work in support of our students, encourage alumni, raise financial and prayer support, and expand the ministry of our Bible School. Remember also the Alumni basketball tournament planned for March 9-10 and that many would participate and all be blessed and encouraged.
- Our churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
- For our nation and our elected leaders at the local, state, and national levels. May these men and women be led of Your Holy Spirit, those not knowing You coming to a place of repentance and faith, and those knowing You walking as light in a dark world.
- For our AFLC leaders–President of AFLC schools, Rev. Wade Mobley; AFLTS Dean, Dr. James Molstre; AFLBS Dean Rev. Joel Rolf; AFLC President, Rev. Lyndon Korhonen; AFLC VP, Rev. Peter Franz; AFLC Secretary Rev. Micah Hjermstad; and AFLC Asst. to President, Rev. Gary Jorgenson. Pray as well for our Board of Trustees and our various Corporations that these leaders, individually and collectively, would be granted wisdom, understanding, and direction according to God’s will.
- For pastors to be called and raised up by God. Our AFLC faces an urgent need for men to answer the call to parish ministry and we boldly seek that the Lord of the harvest draws these men to our Seminary.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa
Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post