Psalm 130:2 (NASB95) — Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
Psalm 130 is numbered in the “penitential psalms” and expresses emotional hardship, guilt, and even despair; yet, in the midst of all the travails of the psalmist, he is drawn to the hope of “lovingkindness” and “abundant redemption” (v. 7) that is assured to him in the Lord. He is confident that his plea does not go unnoticed before God, and this confidence spurs him on in prayer. Amidst all that is our life, both burden and blessing, may we find the same confidence as we come to the Lord in prayer!
In the next few weeks, remember these petitions as you intercede before the Lord:
- Intercede for the planning of our Annual Conference, June 16-19, to be hosted on our campus in Plymouth. As we gather together under the theme “Prepare the Way of the Lord” may our hearts be united in the work the Lord has placed before us and may we find encouragement one in another and one in the Lord.
- Intercede with praise to God for the completion of the Student Life Center and pray for continued giving to fully fund the project. Let us continually seek that the Lord will use this facility to build community, enhance fellowship, and further the growth of His kingdom on our campus and beyond.
- Intercede for students considering college choices for fall 2021, petitioning the Lord for at least 60 students to begin their studies at FLBC this fall.
- Intercede for the FLBC Summer teams as our young people minister to congregations, camps, gatherings, and individuals throughout the summer months that God be glorified and the Gospel boldly proclaimed.
- Intercede that our Lord direct men’s hearts to pastoral training at our seminary. Within our AFLC there exists an urgent need for men, and we seek God’s work in their lives and in this call. As the fields remain white unto harvest, may the Lord send workers into His harvest.
- Intercede that as we enter into summer with vacations and time away begin in earnest, that we not neglect the worship of our Lord and the work He has called us to do within our various spheres.
On behalf of the Intercessor team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post