And the word of the Lord came to him: “What are you doing here, Elijah? “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by. Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there as an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face, and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.” – 1 Kings 19:9,11-13
Recently I found myself in a discussion of multiple opportunities available with a mission group. We felt overwhelmed. Decisions needed to be made, though we sensed our inadequacies for the task. Facetiously, I suggested we ask the Lord to slow down so we could catch up. The FLBCS campus has been center of a whirlwind school year as we’ve experienced the Lord at work. As we pause and change pace, our hearts are filled with awe and thanksgiving. Things are quieter around campus as we listen for that still small voice to speak. To God be the glory.
We thank God for each student He sends to the FLBC. One recently shared: “My Bible College experience wasn’t at all what I expected, but so much more. I was so glad for this time which was definitely God’s calling. I came to see who I am as a child of God.”
Thank you for praying for the faculty and staff, our students and alumni. As we prepare for the next school year, we constantly seek God’s help in establishing students in God’s Word for a life of faith in Christ and effective Kingdom impact.
Please join us in thanksgiving and prayer for:
- President Wade Mobley, Seminary Dean Dr. James Molstre, FLBC Dean Adam Osier along with the Board of Trustees as they continue to seek heavenly wisdom.
- Summer pause provides time for spiritual direction, refreshment and processing lessons received during the school year for staff and students.
- Please pray for men to respond to the Lord’s call to prepare for the pastorate at FLS.
- Prospective students to consider FLBC and sense the Lord’s guidance for 2022-23.
- Pray for graduates as they continue on – consider colleges, mission opportunities or work for the fall 2023 school year and to find good church homes and service opportunities.
- Initial registrations for the next academic year are encouraging. Pray for follow through as God’s will is sought and found for our young people. Could we see 75 new students.
- Summer teams as they travel throughout the AFLC and minister in Word and song at congregations, camps, gatherings and individuals. Pray that God will draw many children and youth to Himself and that some would even consider attending FLBC in the future.
- Significant upcoming events:
-60th Anniversary Annual Conference: June 15-18 at the ARC, Osceola, WI.
-Summer Institute of Theology: August 1-5 on campus.
Is there someone close to you who needs your encouragement to check out flbc.edu? Whatever future vocation is pursued, the study and application of God’s Word prepares young people to face their future challenges and opportunities.
On behalf of our Intercessor Team,
Pastor Wayne Hjermstad
FLBC Congregational Connection Coordinator
Share this Post