“Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;” (Colossians 4:2)
Paul exhorts God’s people in this text to the ongoing and consistent offering of intercessions unto the LORD, with a most important provision, that these petitions are to be wrapped in a heart of thanksgiving. In this week of a blessed observance of Thanksgiving, may we be a people of both thankful and praying hearts, and might we reflect all the more upon God’s goodness to us in all things, and especially in Christ.
In your prayer time over the next few weeks, will you lift these petitions to our LORD?
- Intercede for a blessed Thanksgiving that reflects rightly upon God’s gracious provision to our every need, and the launching of an Advent season which earnestly proclaims the coming of Christ to this world to save us from our sin.
- Intercede for the upcoming Schools Christmas Concert and Parents’ Weekend, December 1-3. As we gather on campus may hearts be encouraged with the work God is doing amongst us, and glory be given Him for His goodness to us in Jesus. May we be unified and inspired by the worship of our Mighty God and reflecting upon His goodness.
- Intercede on behalf of the new building committee that has been formed, with a three-year task of completing construction of both a gymnasium and a dormitory. This group will evaluate current building plans in support of the strategic plan of the Free Lutheran Schools; choose plans, architect, and contractor; and oversee the actual construction. Members and advisers include: Steve Jankord, Paul Hensrud, James Rolf, Ivar Berge, David Haugen, Wanda Jacobson, Phil Johnson, Wade Mobley, Wayne Floan, Andrew Franz, Larry Myhrer, and Sherry Mork.
- Intercede for our churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of the God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
- Intercede on behalf of our fourth year seminary students who are at the present serving as interns in local congregations. We seek continued growth as servant pastors, and a molding and forming under the direction of the Holy Spirit to be the shepherds God has called them to be.
- Intercede for an increased awareness as to the magnitude of the spiritual battle being waged around us, and the vital and absolute importance of prayer and the Word of God as we do battle against spiritual forces arrayed against the good work of the LORD being accomplished in our midst.
- Intercede by seeking grace and guidance for all of our leaders at the local, state, and national levels. Let us regularly lift them before our Lord’s throne of grace, and seek His wisdom and discernment on their behalf.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa
Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post