“But certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer nor His lovingkindness from me.” (Psalm 66:19–20)
These verses that conclude Psalm 66 bring us back to the idea of God’s gracious deliverances, immediately in Israel’s release from Egypt, but also to us and our deliverance from sin on the basis of the work of Jesus on the cross of Calvary. It is good of us to recognize that God answers prayer and delivers His people, not on the basis of any merit or inherent favor that is one’s own but based upon His lovingkindness and mercy, which we are called to delight in. As we pray we are essentially making an appeal to His steadfast love, and always seeking His expression of grace.
In your time with the Lord in these next weeks, please recall these intercessions and give thanks for the lovingkindness of God as He gives heed to our prayers.
- Intercede for the upcoming 4th Annual “Friends of FLBCS” on November 14th when alumni, friends, and supporters of the Free Lutheran Bible College and Seminary will gather for a gourmet dinner and a program featuring our new FLBC Dean, Rev. Adam Osier, as keynote speaker. We ask that many would attend and all be blessed as they learn more about our Seminary and Bible College.
- Intercede for all our students, Seminary and Bible College, that hearts and minds are turned to the LORD through the study of His word, worship with His people, and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit within our community of faith. In this petition we seek God’s direction as the students adjust schedules to balance time for study, work, personal devotions, and fellowship.
- Intercede for our Staff and instructors—may the Lord richly fill their hearts with encouragement and joy as they labor in the Kingdom in their interactions with our students through teaching, serving, equipping, mentoring, and listening.
- Intercede for all our AFLC pastors that encouragement and strength in the Lord would be theirs in extra measure. We pray for wisdom and discernment as they prepare messages and shepherd the flock, and that the Holy Spirit equip and enable them for all the responsibilities and privileges that come with their calling.
- Intercede for at least 7 new students to begin Seminary studies in the coming year. We give thanks for our Seminary’s 27 students, and for God’s faithfulness in calling men as we began specific prayer in 2016 for the raising up of 40 new pastors in the course of 5 years. By God’s grace, we are nearing this goal. Praise Him!
- Intercede for all of our missionaries and their families, and that the Gospel would continue to be proclaimed “… in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8). We seek strength, faithfulness, and effectiveness for those in the field and for the Holy Spirit to call others to partner with them.
- Intercede for the Student Life Center construction project. Construction is all set to begin pending a final signature of approval from the district watershed to allow us to move forward.
On behalf of the Intercessor team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post