“Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;” (Colossians 4:2)
The Scriptures are full of exhortations to believers that we are to be a people of prayer. Whether prayer is private or public, silent or verbal, long or short, petitions or proclamations, it is nonetheless to be characteristic of our lives and conducted in a spirit of thanksgiving. May God find us faithful in the work of prayer!
As you enter your prayer closet in the next weeks, please recall these petitions:
- Praise God for additional scholarship giving that will allow us to raise our average AFLBS-awarded scholarship to one-third of tuition and fees.
- Pray for the AFLBS Up Close event coming October 18-19 designed for 11th-12th graders to experience an up close and personal look at our Bible School campus. We pray that many would participate, that God would continue to lead students to our campus, and that the event would encourage, inspire, and challenge those leading and those attending.
- Pray for our staff and students as they settle into the routine and schedule of study, personal growth, and fellowship. May hearts be all the more focused upon the Lord and open to the teaching of the Word of God, and may Your will be accomplished upon our campus.
- Pray for progress on the gymnasium project as the building committee finalizes details with our general contractor. Pray for several potential donors who are considering gifts toward the project, and the timing of a public capital campaign in the future. We currently have about $2.8M of a total project cost of $8M. We need another $2.8M to break ground, and would like to break ground in the early spring.
- Praise God for 53 first year AFLBS students who join 37 returning students. Please pray for at least 70 new AFLBS students for the fall of 2019 (22 are already accepted!)
- Praise God for 27 total AFLTS students, and pray for at least 7 new students to begin studies in the fall of 2019. In the summer of 2016 we began praying for 40 new pastors over the next five years, and by graduation 2021 we will be very close! We praise God for this.
- Pray for our churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
- Pray for our nation and our elected leaders at the local, state, and national levels. May these men and women be led of Your Holy Spirit, those not knowing You coming to a place of repentance and faith, and those knowing You walking as light in a dark world.
- Pray for the upcoming 3rd Annual “Friends of the Schools” banquet to be hosted on campus November 8, 2018 and featuring keynote speaker John Stonestreet. He is the president of the Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview and will share with us the vital necessity of developing a biblical worldview in today’s world.
Share this Post