“Hear, O LORD, and be gracious to me; O LORD, be my helper.” (Psalm 30:10)
This cry from the psalmist depicts a message that our culture finds of little value. We are bombarded with the messages of ‘being your own man’, ‘be your own woman’ ‘do your own thing’, ‘only the strong survive’, ‘do it yourself’, and although I am all for independence in proper proportion and proper place, it is necessary that spiritually we see ourselves as absolutely dependent upon the God who created us. This is a message of great value, for it takes us off the “throne” of our lives, and allows us to see our deep and certain need for God in our lives. To be sure, we only come to gain as we see ourselves as helpless and the Almighty as our Helper!
As you come to the Lord for help in these next weeks, please recall these petitions:
- We give praise for the beginning of a new academic year and for the 28 seminarians and 91 Bible School students God has called to our campus. As this new year is launched may God’s protection and grace be upon our campus and its students and faculty, and may our Lord be glorified in all that we do.
- We give praise for the financial gifts and pledges ($2.8 million+) that have been raised thus far for the gymnasium project; we recognize that this endeavor of raising funds necessary (70%) to break ground on the estimated $7.6 million dollar project will require sacrificial giving on the part of our AFLC and a miracle of God, as well as much prayer on behalf of His people!
- We praise God for the Andrew Peterson welcoming/kickoff concert on opening weekend. The concert filled the chapel and drew many people who had never before been to campus.
- We pray for the upcoming Revival Conference featuring Keith Ferrin of That You May Know ministries and Katy Dahl worship leader on campus September 23-24. May hearts be open to receive both the conviction and comfort brought by God’s Word.
- We pray that God would raise up workers for His harvest, especially men to hear and receive the call to seminary training. We seek His leading in drawing at least 7 men to AFLTS through this next year.
- We pray for at least 70 students to begin at AFLBS in the fall of 2019.
- We pray for an increased awareness as to the magnitude of the spiritual battle being waged around us, and the vital and absolute importance of prayer and the Word of God as we do battle against spiritual forces arrayed against the good work of the LORD being accomplished in our midst.
- We pray for our pastoral interns who have transitioned to the local congregation and are actively serving. May they grow in their dependence upon God, and may our host congregations receive them with love and care, and may this year provide valuable training and equipping for the pastoral ministry.
- We pray for our AFLC leaders–President of AFLC schools, Rev. Wade Mobley; Dean of AFLTS, Dr. James Molstre; AFLC president, Rev. Lyndon Korhonen; AFLC VP, Rev. Peter Franz; AFLC Secretary Rev. Micah Hjermstad; and AFLC Asst. to President, Rev. Gary Jorgenson. Pray as well for our Board of Trustees and our various Corporations that these leaders, individually and corporately, would be granted wisdom, understanding, and direction according to God’s will.
- We pray for our nation and our elected leaders at the local, state, and national levels. May these men and women be led of Your Holy Spirit, those not knowing You coming to a place of repentance and faith, and those knowing You walking as light in a dark world.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post