Good in the ‘Hood is dedicated to transforming communities with intentional kindness. Our Mission is to influence, inspire, and impact individuals, families, and entire communities for good. We believe that goodness and kindness are inspirational, change-agent qualities. It is our conviction that community renewal will occur when a focused and contagious momentum of genuine kindness is made manifest.
Our Culture: This role is for someone with a can-do attitude dedicated to making a difference in the lives of others. This person will help us grow our ministry impact by being responsible, professional, customer-friendly, and contagiously kind. This role is vital in helping us foster loving team camaraderie and contributing towards a work environment that values excellence.
Requirements for hire: The person in this position must be a mature, conservative Christian with a call to workplace ministry.
Job Title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Director of Operations and Human Resources
Supervises: Interns and Volunteers
Status: Exempt- Full-time (some evenings and weekends) with a 90-day probation period
o Return inquiry calls/emails, monitor and set up appointments/staff scheduling
o Good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and an aptitude for learning new software and systems
o Manage donation communications and provide effective oversight for office volunteers
o Schedule events and staff schedules using our Google calendars and other software
o Successfully learn and engage our Neon CRM to do data entry, pull reports, enter funds, etc.
o Help prepare packets, tools, and promotional resources to distribute during special events.
o Lead volunteer teams as needed
o Provide hands-on support for all programs, services, special events, and outreaches.
o Strong organizational and time management skills
o Create forms, booklets, flyers, and posters as needed
o Take pictures and interview volunteers/clients/donors for marketing purposes
o Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
• Experience developing internal processes, filing systems & office organization
• Proficient in Google Calendar, CRM, Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Mature Christian with a vibrant, growing faith and testimony
• Ability to handle acute details with professionalism, cheerfulness, joy, and people-friendliness.
• Associate Degree in Business or a related field (Bachelor’s degree preferred) and 2+ years of office experience
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities
• Strong time management and multi-tasking capacity within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• Ability to lift to 25 lbs
• 90 day probation period
• Medical reimbursement-$200 month, life/disability, phone reimbursement-$50 month, Simple IRA, PTO, Holidays
• Salary DOQ $40,000-$50,000/year
Please send your resume and cover letter to Reverend Jamie at Jamie@goodinthehood.org