“Seek the LORD while He may be found; call upon Him while He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6)
In the larger context of this section of Isaiah, the prophet is encouraging God’s people to celebrate the miracle of God’s grace and goodness. The fact of His salvation is not mere theory to be studied and discussed, but to be experienced and taken into one’s heart and soul. In verse 6 we see the gracious invitation of God to draw near for the door of opportunity is swung open wide through the work of the Servant, and His grace is intended and available not for some moment in the future, but in the here and now. Our God is not aloof or afar, but near and we are encouraged to draw close to Him through the blessing of repentance and of prayer. Might we be a people all the more to seek Him earnestly, humbly submit to His word, repent of our sin, and turn to Him in prayer. He is near, and yes, He hears!
As you draw near to our Lord in the coming weeks through prayer, please remember these petitions:
- Praise unto God for the refreshment, encouragement, and blessing of our 57th Annual Conference held in Canadensis, PA. Pastor David Johnson, Vickie, and the team of churches and volunteers that came together to host are to be commended, and we are grateful for the work of God amongst our AFLC.
- Praise unto the Lord for 80 completed new student applications received for the fall of 2019. As we praise God for this, we continue to pray for a total of 100 new applications, which we believe will result in 75 new students at AFLBS.
- Pray for all the participants and leaders, as well as the staff at the YMCA camp in Estes Park, CO as we gather July 1-6 for FLY 2019. As we grow in understanding of the great “I AM” may hearts be transformed, renewed, and refreshed, and might we continue to grow in the grace that He gives to us in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for Pastor Jim Rasmussen who will be transitioning out of the directorship of Evangelism and Discipleship. We are so very grateful for his many years of faithful service and seek God’s leading for him as he continues to pray for the Lord’s guidance and direction for the future. Additionally, we intercede for those praying over candidates to lead this important work.
- Pray for all of our summer teams that are ministering to congregations, camps, and individuals with the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Let us uphold them in their travels seeking God’s continued hand of safety, and let us continually request strength for them in spirit, body, and soul as they minister to so very many.
- Pray for Pastor Adam Osier who has accepted the call to serve as the Dean of the Association Free Lutheran Bible School, starting July 1. May he, his wife Courtney, and their family experience a gracious transition to ministry in Plymouth, and may the Holy Spirit continue to direct their steps and way.
- Pray for at least 7 new students to begin Seminary studies in the fall of 2019. We give thanks for our Seminary’s 27 students, and for God’s faithfulness in calling men as we began specific prayer in 2016 for the raising up of 40 new pastors in the course of 5 years. By God’s grace, we are nearing this goal. All praise unto Him and let us continue to be mindful of this great truth and call to prayer: “And He was saying to them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few; therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.” (Luke 10:2)
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post