We are glad you are considering FLBC! We are committed to help you every step of the way through the admissions process.
FLBC welcomes all applicants who are personally committed to faith in Jesus Christ regardless of race, gender, age, or national or ethnic heritage.
Virtual Campus Tour
Even if you are not able to visit us in person you can explore the FLBC campus via this virtual 360° tour!
- It is expected that those who seek entrance to FLBC do so because of an earnest desire to know Christ more intimately, to follow Him more closely, and to serve Him more faithfully.
- In order that every student may make the most of his or her time and opportunity, he or she is expected to observe faithfully the guidelines of the school, outlined in the FLBC Student Handbook.
- Students must complete the application procedure (outlined below).
- A high school diploma and a minimum GPA of 2.00 from the high school or college previously attended.*
- Students must provide proof of health care coverage upon enrollment.
* Probationary Acceptance may be considered for students with a GED Certificate or for applicants who do not meet the minimum 2.00 GPA requirement. See section titled “Probationary Acceptance” in the FLBC Catalog.
A student must complete the following application process to be considered for admission to the Free Lutheran Bible College:
- Complete the application form.
- Include the application fee. This is required for all applications unless waived according to the application deadlines.
- Submit your high school transcript to the FLBC Admissions office. Arrange to have your final transcript sent in June.
- If you have taken the ACT or SAT, send your results to the FLBC Admissions office. Note that these tests are not required for acceptance.
- ACT College Code: 1771
- SAT College Code: 9602
- Provide two references: One reference must be your pastor, and the other reference may be a spiritual mentor, teacher, or employer. Supply email addresses for these references in the online application. A third reference will be requested in some circumstances.
Applications will be considered when all the necessary paperwork has been received. Once your file is complete and reviewed by the FLBC Admissions Team and the FLBC Dean, you will be notified by mail if you have been accepted.
- A non-refundable $100 deposit is required to secure a place at FLBC and to enroll in classes. Click here to submit payment online.
- The Medical History Form and the Physical Examination Form are due to the FLBC Office by July 15 if enrolling for the fall semester.
Ready to take the next step? Apply online below.
Application Deadlines and Incentives
- By June 15, 2020: receive an FLBC T-shirt, pay $25 application fee.
- After June 15, 2020: receive an FLBC T-shirt, pay $50 application fee.
Fall 2021 (Application will open June 1, 2020)
- By July 15, 2020: receive a $75 Campus Store, Hoodie, no application fee
- By November 15, 2020: receive a $50 Campus Store, Camelbak, no application fee
- By April 15, 2021: receive a $25 Campus Store, T-shirt, no application fee
- After April 15, 2021: receive a T-shirt, pay a $25 application fee
(Early incentives will be given to international students upon their arrival on campus.)
Scholarship and Aid
There are several different types of scholarships for which incoming and current FLBC students can apply for the 2020-21 school year: Academic, Financial Aid, Music, Leadership Development, and Family in Ministry Scholarships. You can apply for more than one of these scholarship categories. Please read through the requirements and descriptions of these scholarships and apply for those you are interested/qualified in receiving. All applicants must fill out the first portion of this application.
FLBC is authorized under federal laws to enroll non-immigrant students. International applicants need to apply well in advance of normal deadlines due to the additional processing time required to accommodate the additional requirements.
International Admission Requirements
International students have the same admission requirements as those listed under Admission Requirements and Application Procedure in the FLBC Academic Catalog with the addition of the following:
- English proficiency: All students, regardless of national origin, must demonstrate English proficiency. A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of all international applicants from countries where English is not one of the official languages. This test must be taken in the applicant’s home country. Students must achieve a minimum passing TOEFL score for admission. The FLBC identification number for the TOEFL exam is B488.
- Letter of Financial Backing: This should be a document from the student’s sponsor (or the individual if providing self-support) certifying that financial resources are available to pay the expenses while the student is in the United States. Bank statements that substantiate the ability to meet financial obligations should be notarized and in English with funds converted to US dollars.
- The U.S. Government requires that all individuals desiring to come and study at FLBC need a Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant Student Status), to apply for the F-1 student visa. After a student has been officially accepted by FLBC and provided documentation of the resources to finance their education, FLBC inputs this data into SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). The SEVIS database processes the information and produces an I-20 which FLBC then delivers to the student to complete the application process.
- Character References are required from a Pastor, Spiritual Mentor and Teacher or Employer.
Guide to Studying in the States
International students who come to the United States must follow certain rules and procedures. Different rules apply depending on a student’s education level and student type.
Please visit the Guide to Studying in the States website to familiarize yourself with International student requirements and rules.
International Application Procedure
- Complete the application form online by May 1. International student application forms are online (www.flbc.edu/apply).
- A $100 non-refundable application fee in U.S. funds. Click here to submit payment online.
- Official high school and other college transcripts are required, listing courses taken, number of credits, and grades received. If the transcript is in another language, a school official or other authorized person must translate it into English. Information on the school’s grading system should accompany the transcript. A diploma or certificate of graduation may be required.
- Health form must be completed by a physician and be sent to FLBC admissions prior to acceptance. Proof of immunizations is required. All international students must provide proof of medical insurance coverage from their home countries or purchase medical insurance coverage in the United States. Download the Health Record Form here.
- The application includes needed character references from your Pastor, Spiritual Mentor, and a teacher or employer.
When all of the application information has been received, FLBC will consider the application for acceptance. If accepted, the applicant will receive a packet that contains a letter of acceptance, the I-20 form, the financial documents provided, and copies of helpful information from two websites.
When the applicant has received the I-20, they must go online to this website to pay the I-901 fee https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.html#. Information from the I-20 is needed to complete the form I-901. A valid credit card is needed to pay the $350 fee. Print the receipt of payment as it will be needed at the United States Embassy.
All of these documents, (i) I-20 (signed & dated), (ii) Letter of Acceptance, (iii) I-901 receipt, (iv) financial documentation and (v) valid passport should be taken to a United States Embassy in the applicant’s home country. Only the embassy can grant F-1 student status allowing the individual to travel to the United States as a student. Students can apply for an F-1 visa one hundred twenty (120) days before their school start date. Government regulations do not allow a student on an F-1 visa to come to the US until thirty (30) days before their school start date.
FLBC has limited scholarship funds to financially assist international students. Students must apply for these scholarships and are not guaranteed funding. Because of USCIS regulations, employment possibilities for international students are restricted to on-campus jobs, which are limited. FLBC cannot guarantee housing, jobs, etc. to any students during the summer months. The U.S. government requires that international students must have sufficient financial resources to cover all expenses related to attendance for each academic year. These expenses include, but are not limited to, tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies, personal expenses, and round-trip air transportation.
International students registered under a student visa must carry at least twelve (12) credits each semester to maintain their eligibility to remain in the United States.
If you have questions about the international student application process, contact Jean Erickson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The admissions staff is here to help answer your questions. Whether you want more information about classes, student life, and scholarships or have questions about the application process, we have your best interests in mind.
1. Is a health form required?
The Health Form is not required for acceptance to FLBC, but it is required before the student enrolls in classes. The Health Form along with proof of health insurance is required by July 15.
2. When do I pay the application fee?
The application fee is waived if you apply by March 15. If you apply after this date the application fee must be paid at the time your online application is submitted to FLBC. This can be paid online with “application fee” in the payment description.
3. Do I need to put down a deposit?
Yes. A non-refundable $100 deposit is required once a student is accepted to secure his/her spot. The deposit is requested one month after acceptance and must be submitted before registering for classes. This can be paid online with “FLBC deposit” in the payment description.
4. When do I make my first payment?
Either the full semester amount or the minimum down payment of $3,900 is due at the time of registration for the semester for which you are applying. This amount should be paid online. It is also possible to deliver payment to the office in the form of cash, check, money order or cashier’s check. Payment plans may be arranged with the FLBC Student Accounts Manager. Pre-payments can be made at any time. For more details on costs and payments, please refer to the FLBC Financial Planning Sheet.
5. What are the application deadlines?
Application deadlines are available here.