We are glad you are considering FLBC! We are committed to help you every step of the way through the admissions process.
FLBC welcomes all applicants who are personally committed to faith in Jesus Christ regardless of race, gender, age, or national or ethnic heritage.
Virtual Campus Tour
Even if you are not able to visit us in person you can explore the FLBC campus via this virtual 360° tour!
- It is expected that those who seek entrance to FLBC do so because of an earnest desire to know Christ more intimately, to follow Him more closely, and to serve Him more faithfully.
- In order that every student may make the most of his or her time and opportunity, he or she is expected to observe faithfully the guidelines of the school, outlined in the FLBC Student Handbook.
- Students must complete the application procedure (outlined below).
- A high school diploma and a minimum GPA of 2.00 from the high school or college previously attended.*
- Students must provide proof of health care coverage upon enrollment.
* Probationary Acceptance may be considered for students with a GED Certificate or for applicants who do not meet the minimum 2.00 GPA requirement. See section titled “Probationary Acceptance” in the FLBC Catalog.
A student must complete the following application process to be considered for admission to the Free Lutheran Bible College:
- Complete the application form.
- Include the application fee. This is required for all applications unless waived according to the application deadlines.
- Submit your high school transcript to the FLBC Admissions office. Arrange to have your final transcript sent in June.
- If you have taken the ACT or SAT, send your results to the FLBC Admissions office. Note that these tests are not required for acceptance.
- ACT College Code: 1771
- SAT College Code: 9602
- Provide two references: One reference must be your pastor, and the other reference may be a spiritual mentor, teacher, or employer. Supply email addresses for these references in the online application. A third reference will be requested in some circumstances.
Applications will be considered when all the necessary paperwork has been received. Once your file is complete and reviewed by the FLBC Admissions Team and the FLBC Dean, you will be notified by mail if you have been accepted.
- A non-refundable $100 deposit is required to secure a place at FLBC and to enroll in classes. Click here to submit payment online.
- The Medical History Form and the Physical Examination Form are due to the FLBC Office by July 15 if enrolling for the fall semester.
Ready to take the next step? Apply online below.
Application Deadlines and Incentives
- By April 15, 2021: receive a $25 Campus Store, T-shirt, no application fee
- After April 15, 2021: receive a T-shirt, pay a $25 application fee
(Early incentives will be given to international students upon their arrival on campus.)
Scholarship and Aid
There are several different types of scholarships for which incoming and current FLBC students can apply for the 2020-21 school year: Academic, Financial Aid, Music, Leadership Development, and Family in Ministry Scholarships. You can apply for more than one of these scholarship categories. Please read through the requirements and descriptions of these scholarships and apply for those you are interested/qualified in receiving. All applicants must fill out the first portion of this application.
Career Discovery Tool for Prospective Students
FLBC is committed to biblical training that prepares students for whatever comes next. Many FLBC students say that two years studying the Bible gives them time to discern God’s calling to a future career or ministry. FLBC is providing a way for prospective students to start that discovery process now. Students age 16 and older are eligible for our new career discovery service utilizing an online assessment and consultation created by Career Direct. Each participant will learn more about how God has created them in a unique way to have an impact in their homes, congregations, and communities.
The admissions staff is here to help answer your questions. Whether you want more information about classes, student life, and scholarships or have questions about the application process, we have your best interests in mind.
1. Is a health form required?
The Health Form is not required for acceptance to FLBC, but it is required before the student enrolls in classes. The Health Form along with proof of health insurance is required by July 15.
2. When do I pay the application fee?
The application fee is waived if you apply by April 15th. If you apply after this date the application fee must be paid at the time your online application is submitted to FLBC. This can be paid online with “application fee” in the payment description.
3. Do I need to put down a deposit?
Yes. A non-refundable $100 deposit is required prior to registering for classes. The deposit is requested by January 15th or one month after acceptance for later applicants. This can be paid online with “FLBC deposit” in the payment description.
4. When do I make my first payment?
Either the full semester amount or the minimum down payment of $3,900 is due at the time of registration for the semester for which you are applying. This amount should be paid online. It is also possible to deliver payment to the office in the form of cash, check, money order or cashier’s check. Payment plans may be arranged with the FLBC Student Accounts Manager. Pre-payments can be made at any time. For more details on costs and payments, please refer to the FLBC Financial Planning Sheet.
5. What are the application deadlines?
Application deadlines are available here.