For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government
Shall be upon His shoulder: and his name shall be called
Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
I like this time of the year. We get to hear the Christmas story, Luke chapter 2, over and over, and hear the greatest birth announcement ever. I always thought that when the Angels announce the birth of Jesus, that it would make a great children’s illustration before a message at Christmas time. I would use some of the children’s own birth announcements. Then share the verses with what the Angels announced. You can just see and hear “Fear not, for behold I bring you good news of great joy, that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a savior, who is Christ the Lord.” And the host of Angels saying, “Glory to God in the highest and on earth peace among those whom He is pleased.”
As the Angel said, “fear not” and the host saying, “Glory to God and peace to us.” We need to be praying and thanking God for:
- Thanking God for being a sovereign God.
- Pray for the gospel to penetrate hearts through the Christmas concerts and other activities this weekend.
- Christ giving us salvation in His name.
- Pray for the FLBCS facilities team as they tackle winter snow and ice around campus.
- Our FLBCS – Faculty, Pres. Dr. Wade Mobley. Dean Dr. James Molstre, Dean Dr. Adam Osier, VPO Larry Myhrer.
- Pray for students preparing for finals.
- Intern – Scott Olson at Thief River Falls, Mn.
- Safety during Holiday travels for all students, staff, and faculty.
- Pray for God’s continued financial provision through end of year giving.
- Praise God for so many who support the work of establishing students in His eternal and inerrant Word.
- Praise God for approval from our accreditation body and the open door to offer an Associates and Bachelor’s degree in Bible & Ministry to students starting fall 2024.
- Pray for the future congregational leaders considering the additional training in missions, music ministry, church planting, youth ministry, and pre-seminary studies.
- Alumni – thanking them for their support – that God will keep them in his hand, and they will remain faithful in their foundation and walk with the Lord.
Thank you for your prayers and support of the ministry of the Free Lutheran Bible College and Seminary.
Board of Trustees | Thief River Falls, MN
Share this Post