“To whom, then, will you compare God?…Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood since the earth was founded? He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers…To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal? says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name…The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth…He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.” – Isaiah 40:18-29
When visiting the Holy Land years ago, I stood on Mt. Nebo where Moses once stood. It rose and towered above the land where the expanse of all the Promised Land could be seen. It was spectacular. I understood perspective in a new and meaningful way from that experience.
Isaiah gives us a perspective of God’s greatness. Perspective is everything and determines spiritually how we see all aspects of life. The song lyrics make this comparison: “How big is God? He’s big enough to rule His mighty universe, yet small enough to live within my heart.” Too many Christians live in spiritual defeat because their limited view of God diminishes Him. Our perception of our infinite God grows as our knowledge of Him increases. What a blessing to continually grow in Him and His Word. Giants seeking to defeat us shrivel in comparison to our Lord and His power. The victory is ours in Christ Jesus.
Please join us in thanksgiving and prayer for:
- Spring break is April 2-18. Pray for safety in travel and a refreshing break from classes
- God’s blessing and travel mercies for FLBC Spring choir tours and the students joining Journey Missions’ Cross Cultural Ministry team to Mexico, April 11-18
- High school students in grades 9 and up attending Spring Campus Days, April 22-24
- Board Governance Training session is Thursday evening, April 28. Congregational leaders are invited or see it livestreamed at https://flbc.edu/effective-board-governance/.
- Spring concert is May 6, and graduation is May 7
- Please pray for men to respond to the Lord’s call to prepare for the pastorate at FLS
- Prospective students to consider FLBC and sense the Lord’s guidance for 2022-23 school year as well as our current students seeking the Lord’s will for summer and fall
- Initial registrations for the next academic year are extremely encouraging. Pray for follow through as God’s will is sought and found for our young people
- Summer team preparations and harmony of each team blending together
The need for young people to be established in their faith and receive biblical education is more important than ever. Please pray that the Lord would direct you to someone who needs your nudge to check out our website at flbc.edu.
On behalf of our Intercessor Team,
Pastor Wayne Hjermstad
FLBC Congregational Connection Coordinator
Share this Post