“The captain of the Lord’s host said to Joshua, ‘Remove your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy.’ And Joshua did so.” Joshua 5:15
Recently this passage impressed me as I prepared for a church event in my congregation. Our theme was “The Walls of Jericho” and how God called the Israelites to obedience to experience the mighty and impregnable walls crumble to their ruin. This verse and the entire of Joshua chapter 5 tell it all how God spiritually prepared leader Joshua and the Israelites for what lie ahead. The Scripture tells us that one day Joshua was looking over the city of Jericho and he saw a man standing with a drawn sword. Joshua boldly asked the man to identify himself and to state which side he was on. When the man responded, He said that He was in control of the Lord’s armies in heaven and on earth. Joshua had just met the Commander-in-Chief! Joshua’s response was epic. He falls down before Him and worships Him. Joshua is submitting to the will of God, and he knows now more than ever before Who is in control. Joshua knew the walls of Jericho needed conquering yet before that even started Joshua demonstrated what a leader looks like surrendering all of who He was to the Lord. This is the kind of leadership training that makes a difference in life.
Here at FLBCS our mission of establishing students in the eternal and inerrant Word of God for a life of faith in Jesus Christ and faithful service in His kingdom is at the heart of what we do. Seeing this demonstrated in a student whether attending Bible College or Seminary is the modeling of godly leadership.
As a member of the Board of Trustees at FLBCS I have the privilege of seeing and hearing God at work on our campus. We ask that you might join us in interceding with the Lord with the following requests.
- Praise for the 110 Bible College & the 16 Seminary students who have started classes on campus.
- Pray for Scott Olson on his Seminary Internship in Thief River Falls, MN.
- Pray for the upcoming Spotlight: The Word event on Oct. 10-11th as students and guests learn from Keith Ferrin and Matt Whitman to trust, read, enjoy, and memorize Scripture.
- Pray for high school juniors, seniors, and recent grads considering attending UpClose, that they would be drawn to the Christian community and biblical training offered at FLBC.
- Pray that FLBCS President Wade Mobley would have a restful and productive sabbatical.
- Praise for the completion of a new Chapel roof and the near completion of a major renovation mostly outside on the Campus House (formerly the Dean’s House).
- Pray for secured employment for every student seeking jobs.
- Pray for all of the professors that are part and full-time who bring the Word to our students.
- Praise for dedicated and passion-filled givers like many of you who give faithfully to the mission of FLBCS.
Thank you for caring and praying!
Pastor Alan Arneson
Board of Trustees | Amery, WI
Share this Post