“Give ear to my prayer, O God; and do not hide Yourself from my supplication…but I will trust in You.” (Psalm 55:1, 23b).
The Psalms have always held a special appeal, particularly in view of their regular entreaty to prayer, which depicts so accurately our own need and dependence upon God and the consistent reminder of His character that is framed by unfailing love and mercy towards each of us. In this Psalm by David, we gain a glimpse of one who is facing betrayal and opposition on several fronts, yet in the midst of such opposition, he nonetheless finds his trust, hope, and faith in the Lord. May the same be said of us, that regardless of where ministry finds one today, be it a season of delight or of despair, that we rightly bring all things to our Lord in prayer.
As you meet with the Lord in prayer over these next few weeks, please recall these intercessions:
- We give praise for the 70+ participants who met recently for a week of learning and fellowship in the Summer Institute of Theology conference that was held on our campus. May this experience be one that continues to encourage and develop all those who were in attendance.
- We give praise for our summer teams who have arrived safely back to campus. Thanks be to God for these past weeks of ministry to our congregations, camps, and churches!
- We praise God for all of our students who move in on Monday, September 2 and that the Orientation on the 3rd would be a blessing to all involved. This is a most exciting season for your Bible College & Seminary campus and how we give thanks and praise unto God for drawing students to this opportunity to train and grow in the Lord!
- We praise God for His continued provision for the Student Life Center and that the completion of city permitting and its enclosure would occur prior to winter. Additionally, may fund raising efforts find success as the Lord moves amongst individuals and our congregations.
- We continue to beseech the Lord to bring students and seminarians to our campus, and further, that the Spirit would call individuals to serve as Parish Builders that serve in new church plants.
- We pray as well for all of our missionaries and their families, and that the Gospel would continue to be proclaimed “… in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”” (Acts 1:8). We seek strength, faithfulness, and effectiveness for those in the field and for the Holy Spirit to call others to partner with them.
- We pray for our many churches that are currently experiencing pastoral vacancy. May their call teams be granted wisdom, insight, and patience as they wait upon the LORD, and may the will of God be accomplished in the lives of those men seeking a call to a congregation.
On behalf of the Intercessor Team,
Pastor Kirk Flaa, Sioux Falls, SD
Share this Post