Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again: Rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all.
The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God. And the peace of God which,
transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts
and minds in Christ Jesus.
As we approach Thanksgiving and all the joy of gathering with family and friends, let us be mindful not just of all the blessings God has provided to each of us but how we can be a blessing to others. It is easy to take for granted the material blessings God gives us, and for most in America there are many. We can all share materially but to share the gift of His Word is most important. As a member of Gideons International we see souls saved because the Word was there in soul searching times or life situations of great need. One account was of an inmate in our county jail who received a testament and then prepared to use the pages to roll his tobacco, but paused to read the page he had torn out, only to come under saving conviction. God works in many ways to bring about salvation for souls in need.
As the Board of Trustees meets regularly, we keep time for prayer for students and faculty, that their studies will prepare all to be servants in His kingdom. God continues to provide wonderfully in many new ways every new day. Things like AI and other advancing technologies can increase learning opportunities but must be approached with discernment, not granting some level of personhood to the tools of learning. Keep all things in perspective and knowing that His creation, His incarnation, His self-sacrificial death and resurrection will always surpass anything AI technology can bring to us. While we can’t isolate ourselves from the world, we can insulate ourselves from negative aspects of it. Praise be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, thanking Him for His wonderful gift of eternal life.
As another member of the Board of Trustees I encourage you to join us as we continue to uphold the AFLC Bible College and Seminary in prayer. Let us all be thankful for the blessings God provides us. Remembering always our mission is to establish students in the eternal and inerrant Word of God for a life of faith in Jesus Christ and faithful service in His Kingdom.
And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
- Praise and thanksgiving for a great Alumni Tournament weekend.
- Prayer for campus events like the Friends of FLBCS Banquet and Christmas events at FLBCS.
- Pray that students would be rejuvenated and ready for the end of semester after Thanksgiving.
- Pray for students as they meet in Discipleship groups each week.
- Pray for the music department as they prepare for concerts and planned tours.
- Pray for fundraising efforts for those going on the Scandinavian tour.
- Pray for the athletic department as basketball teams play their first games of the season.
- Pray for the overall health of students, staff, and faculty in the coming fall and winter seasons.
- Giving thanks for friends, families, food, dorms and homes to be warm and safe in throughout.
Thank you for your prayers and support of the ministry of the AFLC Bible College and Seminary
Board of Trustees | Fergus Falls, MN
Share this Post